This is the perfect opportunity for a student nurse to gain hands-on experience while in enrolled in an accredited school of nursing! Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of appropriate nursing care as well as carryover of rehabilitation techniques.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors – celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust. Here, you will provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, orthopedic issues, amputation, and multiples traumas
Why work for our Hospitals? We are committed to your growth and success!
- Generous referral program
- Clinical Ladder Program (varies per location)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Debt Benefit Program
- Extensive and thorough orientation program
- Team oriented environment
We’d love for you to join the team!
- Completes daily assignments as directed by a nurse
- Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations) as directed
- Answers all call lights promptly. Reports problems to a primary nurse/designee
- Reinforces rehabilitation techniques as directed to maximize patient recovery
- Participates in Therapeutic Dysphagia and Feeding Program as assigned. Assists with monitoring of diets, nutritional supplements as well as provides appropriate cues to patients for feeding or swallowing once directed by speech or occupational therapist. Provides water/juice and snacks as appropriate
- Reports problems and progress to the primary nurse throughout the shift. Immediately reports accidents to the nurse. Refers questions and inquires to the nurse for follow-up. Communicates effectively with the rehabilitation team including nursing, therapy, and physicians
- Provides and receives shift to shift report to ensure continuity of patient care
- Observes safety rules, standard precautions and fire regulations. Maintains patient confidentiality, patient rights and privacy
- Interacts with patients, families, peers and supervisors in a calm, positive, courteous and appropriate manner
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers and discharges; safeguards patients’ belongings and other items during these procedures. Assists nurse in taking pictures of new admissions for insertion into the medical record. Collects specimens from patients as assigned and transports specimens to the lab if required
- BLS Required
- Education: Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing with successful completion of 2 clinical rotations
- Skilled in utilizing a variety of nursing equipment
- Possess interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and appropriately to patient families, physicians and other hospital associates
- CPR required
*Post offer employment testing (POETs) are completed as part of the onboarding process – to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.*
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.