- Working closely with an experienced mentor to provide analytical support for compressor airfoils and cases through preliminary and detailed design phases, development testing, certification by regulatory authorities or government customers, transition to production manufacturing, field support, and repair limit definition.
- Performing ANSYS finite element analysis (FEA) for stress, vibration, mission low cycle fatigue life, residual life (fracture mechanics) prediction, and optimization.
- Supporting engine test strain gage data reduction as well as production and in-service field investigations.
- Participating as an active member in cross-discipline integrated product teams to help provide design solutions that balance performance, cost, and weight requirements while ensuring structural durability.
- Creating and presenting clear documentation of analytical solutions to integrated product teams and other internal customers.
- Enrolled in a Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering program
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. This position may require access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completed coursework in Strength of Materials, Materials Science, Finite Element Analysis (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of: Solid Modeling / Finite Element Modeling, Computer programming (Perl, VBA, Python, Matlab, etc.), Optimization, Statistics, Manufacturing methods
Please apply for this position through the RTX Careers website: https://careers.rtx.com/global/en/job/01646154/Co-op-Spring-2024-Structures-Engineer-Onsite