Intermediate District 287 is looking for qualified candidates to fill a Lead Cook position at South Education Center in Richfield!
The Cook is responsible for performing the full range of tasks involved in planning, preparing, cooking and serving student meals adhering to the USDA school food and nutrition guidelines.
- 8 hours per day, 211 days per year
- Work Schedule: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is based on SEIU Local 284 contract
- Health Insurance – 100% of the premium is contributed by the district for single coverage and 90% of the premium is contributed by the district for family coverage!
- Dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, pension, optional 403b
- Paid leave benefits
- An incredible employee assistance program (includes 6 free counseling sessions)
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in work that could reasonably be expected to provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the linked job classification
- A degree in Culinary Arts may substitute for one (1) year of experience
- Must possess a Certified Food Manager Certification, or be willing to obtain certification within one (1) year
- Physical Requirements: Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties. Candidates must be free from communicable diseases. A pre-employment physical will be required.
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.