Inova Health System is looking for a Radiologic Technologist to join our X-Ray team at our various hospitals. We have full-time, part-time, and PRN opportunities with various shifts/schedules to include Tues-Fri, 9:00am – 7:30pm, with rotational call and holiday. Sign-on Bonus & Relocation available for those eligible.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance – up to $10,000!
- State-of-the-art medical and training facilities
- Paid parental leave for birth/adoption of a child
- Retirement benefits with match from day one
- See Full List of Benefits Here: 2023 INOVA BENEFITS GUIDE
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of radiologic principles, theory, anatomy and pathology processes by utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations.
- Adheres to department policies and protocols by ensuring all examinations are optimized for interpretation.
- Confidently operates radiological equipment in all care settings (i.e. fluoroscopy, trauma, Emergency department and the Operating Room).
- Demonstrates the ability and skills to assist in teaching radiography students sound radiography principles.
- Administers sound patient care practices according to hospital/department policies and procedures to ensure the safety of patients.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history and informed consent from patients’ and/or patients’ charts to assist physicians in optimizing the performance and interpretation of examinations.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and assure patient cooperation.
- Assists physicians in performing a variety of examinations by using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique.
- Ask your Recruiter for the full job description!
- Work schedule: Various shifts/schedules, Tuesday-Friday 9:00am – 7:30pm, with rotational call and holidays
- Locations: Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, Inova Fair Oaks, Inova Mt. Vernon, Inova Alexandria, Inova Loudoun
- Education: Graduate of an accredited radiology school or program. Associate degree preferred but not required.
- Experience: 2 years combined classroom and clinical training in radiology. Recent experience in a hospital/healthcare environment as a Radiologic Technologist/student
- Certification: BLS by the AHA; ARRT within 12 mos. of hire
About Inova Health System:
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on NurseJournal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor’s Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.